Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Fire Stopped in Smithfield Dental Clinic

January 19, 2016

SMITHFIELD, Utah – Firefighters from Smithfield, North Logan, Logan and the Cache County Fire District spent nearly two hours Monday night searching for and fighting a fire in the attic of the Community Dental Center, 130 W. 700 South, Smithfield.

Smithfield Fire Chief Jay Downs said the owner was notified of an alarm at the building. When he stopped by to check, he saw and smelled smoke. The fire departments were paged out at approximately 10 p.m.

The fire was mostly contained to the attic. But Downs said it was difficult to find because it was hidden by the insulation.

The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical in the attic. Damage to the building was estimated at $250,000. An estimate on the value of damage to the contents of the building has yet to be determined.

# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment